The Rio Rancho Regional Chamber would like to recognize Mr. George Oppenheimer Jr. who passed away this week. George moved to Rio rancho and served our community since 2004 in a wide range of areas such as Leadership Sandoval, Rotary, Rio Rancho Chamber of Commerce, City of Rio Rancho, Chaplain for VFW Post 5890 and many more. Originally from Kansas City, Missouri, George was an Army veteran of the Korean War, a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania, and attended Wentworth Military Academy. George was active in municipal events like the committee planning for the annual Veterans Day and Memorial Day remembrances in Rio Rancho. Anyone that met him once will remember him forever, especially when he shared his latest phrase or quip. He was very active in our community with a full appointment book every day of the week. No matter the challenge he brought perseverance, persistence and wise advice. George was at most community events and a regular at city council meetings. We are honored to recognize George and we appreciate all he did to make our community a better place. George was a friend to all and the world is a better place for knowing him and being blessed by his presence
- Board Member of the Month – Todd Mack
- The Rio Rancho Regional Chamber of Commerce is accepting applications for its Board of Directors
- Fire and Rescue Badge Pinning Ceremony
- Gabe Pacheco will ride 450 mi during month of Septemberin support of Children’s Cancer Research Fund.
- Lectrosonics Promotes Wes Herron to President and Karl Winkler to Executive VP of Product Design and Distribution